Issuetrak Product Feedback

Issuetrak’s success relies on tight collaboration with our customers. Tell us, how could we make your life better with Issuetrak?

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the option to make some fields required for Assets

Add the ability to manually select required fields for Assets. Users sometimes don't complete all the fields for Assets and there needs to be a way to require completion for certain fields.

Reference: https://support.issuetrak.com/CSIssue_View.asp?IssueNbr=118370

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. TrakPC does not audit correct NIC

TrakPC needs to be updated to do one of the following in order to provide an asset history.

1. Use windows network interface metric to determine which device is the highest priority and if that device is connected audit it. if not connected move on to the next highest priority device and if it is connected audit that NIC. Continue in this loop until a connected device is found or then if no device is found connected audit the highest priority NIC.

2. As suggested back in 2016 Audit all NICs on the device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. include paperclip attachment in Assets

In an Issue in Issuetrak, there is a paperclip attachment feature. This feature should also be available in Assets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Custom Screens by Asset Type in Asset Management

Ability to create custom screens by asset type in asset management. This will allow additional customizations and expand functionality.

Same functionality as our current custom screens for issues but for assets.

Example: Asset Type of Computer has several fields and non-pc types currently have several unused fields. With custom screens functionality for Assets you can remove the fields that are not needed for that Asset Type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the "Installed By" field on the Add Asset page linked to the Users table and searchable.

Customers might want a way to select a user in their system as the user that installed the asset instead of being required to manually enter the name. It might also help with reporting on assets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received (waiting for review)  ·  0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When submitting an issue and selecting their asset they should see assets assigned only to them not the entire organization.

When a user is submitting an issue and they are selecting the asset that has the issue it should only search for assets assigned to them and not any other assets. This will make it easier for the user to select the proper asset. Otherwise the user might not select the correct asset and our issue history for that asset will be incorrect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Received (waiting for review)  ·  0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Some intergration with vendor Warrentees, Scans serial number with hp, provide info purchase and out of warrentee dates

More integration possibilities with purchase and warrantee dates, currently I go out to hp site give sn and then fill out the dates.'
    Anyway intergraded warrantee Look up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Grouping assets by Region and location ( Market)

I would like to assign assets to a region( East, West, Midwest, etc) and further narrow it by market location ( unique market ID). Also when assets are added to an issue, should have the granularity to add asset by chosen category ( Region / Market), such that the issue is recorded against all assets in the particular region or market. This is useful for tracking change management.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Track PC to Capture Driver Info example Intel Ethernet Connection, Driver Provider, Driver Date, Driver Version

Track PC to Capture Driver Info ( more info from Device Manager)
    example
    for Intel Ethernet Connection,

Provide Driver Provider, Driver Date, Driver Version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update the "User Information" section when the assigned User information is updated.

Currently when a User account is updated, the related fields under the assigned asset's "User Information" section is not updated unless the User is manually re-assigned the asset.

Reference 99491.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hardware change alerts

Send alerts when hardware of an audited asset has changed. This would be for RAM, Hard Drive, and other hardware changes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Asset Management item display on My Issues Overview

At times you will have a lot of open issues to do the same thing to multiple computers. Example: "Clear out local temp files" on 50 computers. Unless you put the computer name from the asset record in the title, there is no simple way in the overview/my issue screens to know which computer without opening the issue.

Using above example, I send 2 people around the office and they hit 35 of the 50 computers and wrote down which computers they did. Now I want them to close only the ones completed so we see what is left. They…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the Label "License Nbr(s)" to "License Key(s)" to

In the Asset Management section > Software Purchases > Adding a software page, there is a field labeled as "License Nbr(s)". In the Search Software Page the field is labeled as "License Key". To make it less confusing and consistent I believe the "License Nbr(s)" field should be renamed as "License Key(s)".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A customer asked me if they could use RFID tag information in the Asset Records.

RFID information would be helpful to some of our customers to help them track their assets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the abilty to do mass deletes in the Asset Management.

The program should be able to remove a mass number of assets from the inventory instead of having to do it one at a time. This would be helpful when removing machines that use an operating system that is no longer viable such as Windows XP. Would be a great time saver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would suggest adding capabilities within Assets Management module to re-arrange or add columns to Asset List.

I would suggest adding capabilities within Assets Management module to re-arrange or add columns to Asset List.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding Multiple Assets to Forms

It would me nice to add more than one Asset to form.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to audit / scan cloned or like equipment using the same motherboard, etc. as separate equipment

Currently the Issuetrak ScanPC/TrakPC audits and determines if an asset is new or existing by attempting to match 4 out of 6 criteria. These criteria are the following and weighted: Service Tag, Bios Version, Computer Name, Mac Address, Motherboard Serial Number, Serial Number.
    We have many users that are now building their own workstations / servers using the same / like motherboards. Often times these motherboards are using the same serial numbers, bios versions, motherboard serial numbers, etc. ScanPC / TrakPC sometimes auditing these fields as having the phrase "To be filled by O.E.M" which currently it is also seeing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjust the way the system audits assets with TrakPC

We are having an issue with TrakPC overwriting assets each time it is run. I have contacted IssueTrak Support, but they were unable to assist me and I have been directed here (please reference support Issue #91820).

As per my issue, we have a number of custom built computers that have the same model of motherboard in them. When audited, a number of fields including "Serial Number", "Service Tag", and "Motherboard Serial" are pulling in as a generic string such as “To be filled by O.E.M.”. Since the computers are using the same model of motherboard, the BIOS version is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Asset Management: Support Mass Updates

We should have the option to do mass updates to asset records the same way we do issue updates.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base